Sunday, July 24, 2011

TOO BUSY!!!

Life can just be so crazy sometimes. I never got to write about my experience with the P.S. Series. Let's just say it was really stressful. Low budget, picky directors, and very little time to prepare. I got sick the week of the performances and spent almost every day in the costume shop with a box of tissues and hand sanitizer. Only one of my wardrobe assistants showed up every night which made me help the actors change when I was supposed to be watching the performances. I finally got pictures of everything but I was really glad when everything was over.

Besides all of the above I still had to deal with school. I got really sick in March and April which is why I haven't written since January. I started two new jobs at the end of April. The first is at a place I've been wanting to work at for over two years, Field's Fabrics. I was so happy when they called for an interview and after the interview received the job within 45 minutes. I felt so special. After that David's Bridal called for an interview and I got a job in alterations there. I have been working both jobs which makes me work every single day of the week including weekends. I rarely have a day off. Which can be really tiring and stressful.

I took summer classes during May and June so that I'll be able to graduate in December. Just yesterday I took the graduate exam (GRE) so that I can start applying to grad schools. The University of Illinois wants my application by September while the University of Washington would rather have it in December. I'll need to take a trip down to Illinois for a portfolio interview and will hopefully be able to meet up with the Washington professors at U/RTA in Chicago.

I really need to start getting my portfolio together. I've done so much sewing this summer and still plan to do more. I've got a renaissance outfit to make for my cousin as well as five bridesmaids dresses for a high school friend. Her wedding is in October but I'd like to get them done by the middle of August so that fittings can be done. After those are done then I plan to enjoy the rest of my summer by making stuff for myself and my boyfriend. Hopefully I can get everything done before school starts again at the end of August. I'm going to be pretty busy.

BUT I love sewing so its okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment